This director position is responsible for managing business operations and resources of a given practice that can be defined by industry, service line, technology center, specialty area or region. Responsible for managing the three main pillars of a practice: people management, portfolio/delivery management and sales enablement. Has profit and loss responsibility or financial/expense management of practice.
Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of practice. Responsible for maintaining strategic direction, ensuring profitable growth of the practice, quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer referenceability. Develops strategy and plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieve business objectives. Accountable for managing and growing a significant revenue stream and customer base. Typically manages multiple first line managers and/or senior level individual contributors. Resolves staffing issue in complex engagements. May serve as advisor or project sponsor role for moderately complex engagements.
10+ years of experience relevant to this position including 5 years of consulting experience and 2 years of project management leadership experience. Direct line Management experience including project, people, customer, financial management preferred. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the practice focus. Ability to develop and maintain relationships at the executive level. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed. Qualifications
This manager-level position is responsible for a segment within a given practice focused on a specific industry, service line, technology center, specialty area or region. Responsible for managing the three main pillars of a practice: people management, portfolio/delivery management and sales enablement. Has profit and loss responsibility or financial/expense management of practice.
Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of practice. Responsible for maintaining practice direction, ensuring quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer referenceability. Ensures that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements. Develops plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieves business plan. Is accountable for managing and growing a revenue stream and customer base. Typically manages individual contributors. May serve as advisor for moderately complex engagements
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in Oracle Cloud Applications. You should have deep domain knowledge in Oracle HCM and/or ERP applications, implementation methodologies, project estimation, project team management, client management and communications, and project and proposal leadership.
The Practice Manager must have a proven track record in project management including but not limited to:
- Bid and proposal management including estimation
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Resource and cost management
- Scope management including change control management and executing change requests
- Verbal and written communication
- Project planning and monitoring
- Resource management (including experience managing off-shore work)
- Risk management
- Strong track record in managing complex projects on-time, on budget
- Team management
- Client management and relationship
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Successfully lead complex projects while working effectively with client management, client business users, and IT organizations.
- Project initiation activities, including Sales to Implementation Services transition
- Support for Project Estimating and Proposal/RFP response support
- Scope and Change Request Management
- Client and stakeholder communication
- Solution/delivery quality
- Project Status Reporting, external and internal
- Budget management and revenue forecasting management, per Project
- Internal communication and coordination
Minimum 15 year experience in HCM or ERP implementation/upgrade projects of which you should have at least 10 years consulting project management experience of HCM/ERP projects. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.