CR1 Equipment Engineering Manager
Batu Kawan, 07, MY
Req. ID: 199101 Job Description
As an Equipment Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the activities and operation of an Equipment Engineering section, working together with other functional groups locally and globally to accomplish organizational and business objectives by ensuring the production equipment is in control and quality/reliability of product meets expectation; sustaining and improving the key performance indices of the equipment through continuous improvement activities / projects; reducing cost through continuous cost reduction effort; ensuring effective and efficient risk management strategy; defining/developing/maintaining equipment capabilities, strategy and roadmap; developing new capabilities ahead of needs. Responsibilities and Tasks
1) Ensure the production equipment is in control and quality/reliability of product meets expectation
- Implement Preventive / Predictive maintenance program
- Monitor equipment performance key indicators and set goals and drive team to meet expectation
- Provide necessary production support
- Establish team to work on continuous improvement
- Establish indirect spare inventory system for key equipment
2) Sustain and improve the key performance indices of the equipment through continuous improvement activities/projects
- Establish team to work on Continuous Improvement projects align to organization objective
- Implement Productivity Improvement programs
3) Reduce cost through continuous cost reduction effort
- Identify the key cost drivers and work on cost reduction programs
- Monitor spare cost and drive down liabilities of spare inventories
4) Ensure effective and efficient risk management strategy
- Work with Purchasing to identify critical suppliers and develop 2nd sourcing strategy
- Define, develop and maintain equipment capabilities, strategy and roadmap
- Maintain a matrix on equipment capabilities and constraints
- Develop a strategy to develop new capabilities to overcome identified process constraints
- Work with equipment suppliers to develop new material / capabilities
- Regularly conduct equipment benchmarking exercise
5) Develop new capabilities ahead of needs
- Be constantly on the lookout for new equipment suppliers / new technology and capability
- Work with equipment suppliers to develop new capability
- Work with Package Development team to establish production capabilities for new products
- Master / Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical & Electronics or related Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in semiconductor industry.
- Knowledge in Wafer Thinning, Dicing (blade and laser), DAF separation will be added advantages.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skill with an extremely positive attitude towards working as a team.
- Broad technical knowledge in problem solving analytical skill & lead an engineering team through innovative process implementation (FMEA, DOE, FDC/APC, DATA ANALYSIS)
- Self-motivated, possess initiative and ability to work independently
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our
Keywords: Batu Kawan || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MP3 || Tier 4 ||
Upload your resume and immediately see jobs for you!