Automation Engineering Manager 1
Batu Kawan, 07, MY Job Description
To lead a team of engineers in implementing automation solutions, which enable equipment utilization improvements, labor productivity improvements, cycle time reductions and quality/yield improvements. You will be responsible for the management and development of direct reports to enable superior functional service delivery. You will be responsible for managing and improving functional area performance by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build and execute service strategies aligned to corporate strategic objectives.You will assist with improving individual capability by conducting performance appraisals with team members to create goals and development plans. You will monitor performance metrics to identify and implement continual improvement opportunities. Other responsibilities include ensuring organizational compliance to company policies and regulations, as well as to departmental procedures, and providing organizational leadership for building and implementing department strategies, processes, and policy through active participation in functional teams and projects, as well as mentoring other functional leaders through collaboration and the development of sustainably successful solutions Responsibilities and Tasks
Evaluate improvement opportunities and proposed solutions for automation projects
- Collaborate with BEAUTO to drive the development of automation strategy, in-line with overall Micron Backend Business objectives
- Evaluate improvement ideas based on return on investment, quality and safety/ergonomics improvement
- Partner with internal team members and automation vendors to design solutions to meet improvement objectives.
- Propose improvement ideas to management for approval
- Plan overall project within expected scope, budget and timeline
Lead, mentor and grow a team of world class automation engineers
- Recruit the best talent to form the ideal team structure.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to ensure efficient utilization of technology and team resources.
- Motivate team to perform to the highest potential.
- Continuously build up team's technical competencies through knowledge sharing and industry benchmarking.
Lead implementation of automation solutions
- Effectively manage the automation engineering resources to deliver complex multiple projects on time and to budget
- Collaborate with counterparts at other sites to ensure consistency of automation projects.
- Closely work with and monitor supplier's timeline and resources
- Identify and track overall site project milestones, technical challenges, lead-times and risk mitigation plans.
- Setup regular meeting with cross functional team to ensure successful implementation of automation solutions
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Experience: 3 years of experience in semiconductor industry
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Batu Kawan || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MP3 ||
Upload your resume and immediately see jobs for you!