What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. The country employs a global operating model to maximize efficiencies across time zones and supports a 24/5 operations.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to the success of the BTG/FCM group through quality and efficient revenue and balance sheet control of APAC businesses, deliver daily, weekly and monthly revenue reporting including decomposition of revenue drivers, collobrate with home location Business Controllers in supporting the business on revenue matters and to deliver a first class Product Control function in line with SLAs and evidenced through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Independently manage medium-large business and regulatory change initiatives to completion, using standard project management techniques.
- Provide project coordination support to other Project Managers within the team as required.
- Work with stakeholders to develop plans and accurate estimates for completion of requirements, continuously improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates including formalising governance for all projects in the portfolio.
- Manage the documentation of project risks, assumptions, dependencies and constraints including documenting project status accurately to ensure the progression effectively.
- Drive delivery of project activity by facilitating workshops and working group meetings with stakeholders, and by ensuring meetings and outcomes are sufficiently documented using RAID or equivalent logs.
- Manages project communications including status reports to executives, stakeholders, business units, vendors, project team, etc. and owns the governance model and delivery framework (including timely updates on project risk and issues).
- Business requirements analysis and documentation- Facilitate collaborative sessions with small to medium numbers of business stakeholders to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review, analyze and document business scope using RBC and industry-standard techniques, work with stakeholders to gain consensus, analyze and document detailed business and system solution requirements, contribute to and facilitate discussions related to solutioning and drive requirements analysis and findings to completion, and facilitate the approval and change management processes with producing summary findings and recommendations.
- Project delivery & implementation support - Prepare requirements for review applying various communication techniques and lead requirements walkthrough and sign off sessions, conduct coverage analysis to maintain the relationship between scopes, detailed requirements, testing through to implementation.
- Post-secondary education with an accounting/finance or business concentration or equivalent experience.
- Project Management background in CM / I&TS / WM, with at least 5 years of experience in managing projects.
- Exposure to, and understanding of financial services regulations across different jurisdictions in APAC
- Experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably with exposure to Capital Markets, Private Wealth & Brokerage, or Investor Services products, systems & services.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent MS Excel, Powerpoint and Project skills.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills using both English (essential).
- Strong commercial acumen, knowledge and understanding of Wholesale and Retail banking processes.
- Strong functional knowledge / experience of Finance processes and contDeep knowledge on project management discipline.
- Proven execution capability of large programmes.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. JOB SUMMARY
Address: Wisma RBC, Block 3544, Persiaran Apec.
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Contract
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Monthly
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 01/10/2019
Req ID: 260338