AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Business Services (GBS) is the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes which, combined with outstanding business analysis and insight, enables our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities. Our remit covers record to report, procure to pay and order to cash, tax, planning & forecasting and management reporting, to customers across AZ Globally in Commercial, Science, Operations & Enabling Functions, Tax, Treasury and Group Finance. AstraZeneca’s Finance function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations.
You will be part of a global team of analysts with a regional focus dedicated to supporting all aspects of accounting information necessary for tax returns, group reporting and withholding tax obligations. You will rapidly gain tax compliance and operations experience across a range of taxes and jurisdictions. We require an enthusiastic individual with a strong accounting capability, a commercial approach and interest in learning about AZ’s business. Key Deliverables
- Plan, prepare, submit underlying accounting information used to prepare AZ’s tax returns for multiple markets
- Analyse transactional data using AZ’s data analytics capability, categorisation of fixed asset additions, identify items with tax sensitivity
- Support Group Tax with information for ad hoc requests, including considerable tax transactions or tax audits
- Coordinate transactional data collection and ensure that the outputs meet tax requirements
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly, year-end tax provision for Group statutory reporting purposes
- Assist with preparing of AZ’s direct and indirect tax returns
- Support in Global Tax and Finance Transformation initiative
- Work collaboratively with the outsource provider and other Finance partners to support delivery of local tax requirements.
- You should have 3 - 4 years experience in tax / finance.
- You must have experience of working with SAP and a strong data and analytical skills
- You are able to work effectively within deadlines and multiple tax compliance events
- You will work across diverse global teams
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to colleagues with a non-financial background.
Date Posted 29-Jul-2020
Closing Date 27-Sep-2020
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.