Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world's largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world's largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Executive, Implementation and Buying.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Manager, Implementation & Buying
3 best things about the job: * The opportunity to work on major brands in the region.
Measures of success -
- Working in an inspiring and professional environment with access to global expertise and best in market practices.
- Continuously expand your skillsets and technical expertise as a communications professional with exposure to various tools and technologies.
In three months:
- Gained a thorough insight on the creation, implementation and buying of campaigns, and understand how it works across different platforms.
- Have managed basic offline media implementation & buying and developed relationships with media owners.
- Been trained and will be able to independently manage various systems and tools e.g. BMD, TV Optimizer, research software & etc.
- Monitored campaign deliveries and will be able to identify and action on discrepancies and under deliveries.
- Gained an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients and working process.
In six months:
- Successfully managed to deliver on campaign objectives and KPIs by applying the correct targeting and optimization methods.
- Successfully provided day to day support to the Planning Teams and attended to queries on a wide variety of technical and non-technical issues related to the campaigns.
- Work on digital implementation campaigns, independently manage various systems and tools eg. Symphony Media, Sizmek, Double Click Manager, etc.
In twelve months:
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assisted the Planning Team to build, maintain and uphold a good client relationship by constantly providing solutions and value added services in the areas of implementation and buying to the client's business.
- Put together actionable and insightful post campaign reports that can contribute to future media recommendations.
- Have developed strong relationship with media owners.
- Carries all functions of Implementation, buying execution independently.
- Proved yourself as a reliable point of contact for planning and buying team.
- Working closely with all team members to improve working efficiency and effectiveness.
What you will need:
- Work with an Implementation/Buying Manager to and deliver day-to-day implementation needs of a major FMCG client (ie: to raise schedules and booking for all media)
- Close collaboration with the Planning Team to manage client's budget and ensure timely utilization of contract entitlements
- Ensure that campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies
- Responsible in updating monthly buying reports
- Liaise with creative agencies & media owners in materials and deadlines
- Facilitate accurate and timely financial invoicing
- Must be detail-oriented, very organized, a multi-tasker and able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and number skills.
- Good understanding of media channels, both traditional & digital.
- Ideally 1-2 years I&B experience, but we accept fresh graduate who is data sensitive and detailed oriented
- Someone who is passionate about communications and media.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and ensures tasks are completed to deadline.
- Expresses clearly and actively listens to make sure mutual understanding has taken place.
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - . We believe that in today's world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients' lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world's leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at and follow us on Twitter and and .
GroupM Malaysia, a digitally advanced company, is the largest media group of the market with strong advertising spend in traditional, digital and programmatic media.
The office is the “World in One Place”, with more than 10 nationalities and half of our talent are below the age of 30. You can expect a young, fun and casual work environment! In Malaysia, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.