At Konica Minolta, our Mission is to be the ideal business partner of choice in Office Business and IT Services solutions. Through collaboration between our colleagues, partners and customers, we strive to enrich the society through constant innovation and development of solution driven tools.
Responsible for providing end users support such as troubleshooting PC/Notebook, configure software, troubleshoot applications software, ip phone configuration, installing ip phone, printers, local area networks, wide area networks, any piece of computer related peripheral or software that end user would be using. IT Field Support Engineer has to perform their daily tasks by providing a high level of customer service to the end user.
- Provide level 2 users support (onsite support by attending to end user)
- To troubleshoot network operating system, software and hardware
- To work within a ticketing system and create documentation for new processes
- To train the end users to maximize the potential of existing technology
- To provide individual support and training upon request
- To provide recommendations about support and information access
- To maintain an updated inventory of software, hardware and resources
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
- To communicate with outside vendors and internal staff.
- Performing any other IT related duties assigned.
- Performing after hour on-call work when necessary.
- To support remote users problem from other locations where necessary.
- To ensure log tickets on any users request attended and close the ticket upon issue resolved.
- To prepare a resolution after each log tickets has been done.
- Documenting case studies and relevant IT processes and procedures, and adding to the knowledge base of the organization.
- To provide manpower for management of desktop environment.
- Installation, configuration and assigning new and existing desktop and or notebooks to end users based on operation tickets.
- Creation of a SOE for Customer based on their IT policy and current practice where applicable. Software Management
- Liaison with internal Administrative staff for software procurement and management if any.
- End user's standard software upgrading and patching if applicable
- Tracking and labeling all networked office automation equipment such as printers, fax and copiers.
- Effective control and maintenance of all office automation.
- Problem escalation to external vendor for support.
- Liaison with internal administrative staff for any logistic support such as procurement of toner, parts etc. where applicable.
- Effective and proactive follows up on IT problem.
- Able to support OS such as XP, Vista, Window 7 & Window 8.
- Weekly Report i. Status Report Provision by Team Lead on number of cases with priority level undertaken
- Monthly Report i. Number of incidents/requests reported. ii. Response time and Resolution time for incident. iii. Resolution time for request. iv. Monthly review on Field Support – Provide recommendation based on the statistics / problem trends to SSSC on areas of improvement where applicable.
- Candidate should possess a Diploma / Advanced Diploma or equivalent in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Preferably at least 2 year of related working experience.
- Preferably Executive specializing in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Good communication skills in English, Malay, Mandarin language for both spoken and written
- Being familiar with network operating system, software and hardware
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Possesses own transport with willing to travel.
- 1 Contract positions available
If this role sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, don't hesitate to apply and let us discuss further!
[NOTE] We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be reached out. If you were not shortlisted, we encourage you to have a look at other vacancies in Konica Minolta!