Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Carry out functions and responsibility of the Commission with matters pertaining to regulatory and competition economics. Work with multidisciplinary team and within a multidisciplinary environment across the various units in the Commission to develop the civil aviation industry in Malaysia.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Undertaking statistical and economics analysis using contemporary quantitative tools on research findings to develop information that can be used in recommendations and decisions.
- Developing scenarios for the aviation sector markets looking at prices, production/services, and use.
- Undertaking demand forecasting.
- Carrying out research, studies and public inquiries into matters relating to the aviation services sector and/or regulatory/competition-related matters in the relevant markets.
- Developing and preparing strategy and policy papers for the aviation services sector.
- Preparing proposals from complaints made to the Commission that would form the basis for competition research, studies, market reviews, and/or public inquiries.
- Reviewing and evaluating the aviation sector rules and regulations, mainly from the economics and economics policy perspectives.
- Undertaking market surveillance for monitoring and developing database purposes.
- Preparing periodical reviews of the progress of the aviation sector markets.
- Collecting and compiling economic data for economic evidence in supporting regulatory and competition cases, as well as in supporting sector development work.
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned by the Unit Head from time to time.
Work Experience Requirements:
- At least 5 years of work experience in the areas of economics, law or policy.
- Desirable to have working experience in specific areas such as economics and/or statistical analysis, aviation sector work, regulatory management, public international law, or public policy.
- Interest to develop young talents and build a solid and respectable working team.
- Resilient to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills to present and influence at a very senior level
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Excellent working ability of MS Office products (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Good knowledge of economics/mathematical/statistical software (e.g. EViews, STATA, Matlab, Mathematica).
- Undertaken any of these subjects, specialisations or courses in the course of study: industrial organization (IO), regulatory economics, competition economics, microeconomics, statistics, aviation sector studies, industrial policy, competition law, aviation law, public international law, or public policy.
- Postgraduate academic qualifications are desirable.
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Free snacks / Happy hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave