As a Warehouse Operator, you are required to process, organize, and pack all incoming and outgoing merchandise according to established warehouse guidelines. This includes ensuring that all fragile merchandises are properly packed to prevent damage during transit. Besides that, you are required to check and report any broken, damaged, or missing merchandise whilst sorting through them. You need to move stock around by hand or using forklift truck, and ensure that the warehouse is neat and tidy.
- Signing for shipments upon receipt and verifying that the correct merchandise has been received.
- Thoroughly inspecting merchandise for any damages and discrepancies.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all merchandise received and distributed.
- Contacting suppliers or distributors to resolve any shipment or delivery issues.
- Using forklifts, hand carts, or pallet jacks to load, unload, move, stack, and arrange merchandise accordingly.
- Strategically storing merchandise to maximize storage space within the warehouse.
- Weighing merchandise and selecting appropriate envelops, boxes, containers, or crates in which to pack merchandise.
- Promptly processing distribution orders or requests, which includes retrieving specified merchandise from storage as well as packing, sealing, and labelling merchandise accordingly.
- Minimum education requirement of a Diploma qualification.
- Proven experience working in a warehouse environment.
- The ability to safely operate warehouse machinery and equipment.
- The ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications as well as warehouse management software.