- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements).
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
- Fix machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Proven experience as welder.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.).
- Skilled in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.).
- Deftness and attention to detail.
- Proficient in English.
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required.
- Possess at least Professional Certification (e.g. an WIM welding certificate) will be a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave