KipleX is a corporate venture capital fund and startup studio set up by Green Packet Berhad, a publicly listed Malaysian technology company founded in 2000 in Silicon Valley. The fund of RM50 million is being invested into fintech, proptech, and mobility startups, at RM0.5-2 million per investment.
As Venture analyst / associate you will support the investment team in researching, identifying, evaluating, and pitching investment opportunities into early-stage startups. You may also get involved in management of KipleX’s portfolio of startups.
- Research and analysis of investment opportunities across various industries and sectors in Southeast Asia
- Development of an investment thesis by understanding broader trends and developments in a particular sector in the region
- Deal sourcing and execution, including but not limited to due diligence, investment memo preparation, and presentation to investment committee
- Financial modelling of fund and investment performance
- 2+ years of experience in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, venture capital or private equity
- Proficiency in accounting, finance, and strategy
- Power user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills in English
- Entrepreneurial experience (preferred)
- Familiarity with SEA startup eco-system (preferred)