This position will be filled by a dynamic individual who will assist the Unit Manager in managing and coordinating the engagement with key stakeholders and managing promotional and awareness activities and initiatives related to the digital working or digital freelancing programme (current programme is Global Online Workforce (GLOW)) within agreed timelines and quality standards. He/she will be expected to work closely with key stakeholders such as ministries and agencies, industry players, Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), private sectors, NGOs and freelance community to drive strategies and action plans to prepare participants for the high-skilled digital freelance job opportunities, and eventually create pool of quality supply (freelancers) to address local and global industry requirements.
1. Assist and facilitate the planning, implementation and monitoring of stakeholder engagement, partnership and collaboration initiatives.
- Identify, facilitate and coordinate engagement with respective ministries and agencies, industry players, IHLs, private sectors, NGOs and freelance community, in order to establish win-win collaborations with stakeholders as community channel partners for effective community outreach, enablement and management.
- To maintain a high-level engagement and follow-up with existing and potential and/or new community channel partners and other stakeholders in building sustainable partnership.
- Manage and implement outreach activities & channels (i.e. program touch points e.g. Gig Centers in universities) with the program team.
- Assist to identify ecosystem gaps and challenges, and facilitate development of resolution measures.
2. Assist and facilitate the planning, implementation & monitoring of promotional & awareness activities and initiatives with the main aim of gaining public awareness and sustaining public interest in the GLOW programme.
- Assist in the planning and managing of the programme promotion, in collaboration with stakeholders such as ministries and agencies, industry players, IHLs, private sectors, NGOs and freelance community, in order to reach target communities.
- Identify and facilitate inter-ministerial/ agencies initiatives or programmes for crossmarketing of activities.
- Assist in arranging speaking engagements in selected platforms with local or international organizations.
- Assist in compiling, editing and preparing project communication contents.
3. Enhancing and managing digital freelance community ecosystem
- Facilitate engagement and partnership with program touch points e.g. Gig Centers in universities to provide necessary assistance and mentorship to students participating in the freelance/ gig economy.
- Submit program activity reports on a regular basis or as and when required.
- Recommend intervention measures.
4. Facilitate the effective achievement of team goals by participating as an effective team member and contributing valuable information and analysis as well as administering efficiently and providing alternatives where applicable.
- Coordinate and execute key events / programs related to the gig and freelance and other supporting / relevant programme such as development of digital talents.
- Recommend and facilitate solutions for project implementation issues, and provide inputs for improvements in project delivery.
- Seek for internal and external collaboration to ensure efficiency and productivity.
5. Contribute to Unit’s process efficiencies, ad-hoc request, administrative and financial matters as and when required.
- Assist Unit Manager in identifying implementation gaps and facilitate execution of agreed resolution.
- Support the established processes for improvement of the unit.
- Support the risk management plan of the related project.
- Assist Unit Manager in executing other tasks related to the Division/Department scope of duties and other ad-hoc or special projects.
- Assist Unit Manager in assignment process, report and inventory tracking.
- Assist Unit Manager in the department’s budget allocation and expenditure related matters.
6. Maintain updated knowledge of developments by participating in training development programs as well as undertaking self-development programs and professional integrity by championing processes and facilitates compliance.
- Actively grow the abilities and skills through formal training programs, mentorship and hands on learning.
- Provide valuable contributions towards environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Management or in any related area.
- Professional Certifications and knowledge in relevant fields e.g. Project Management, Digital Adoption, Digital Transformation, Corporate Innovation or Education will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience preferably in technology/ training and consultancy/ business / social development related function with experience in project management and stakeholder management.
Perks & Benefits
- Casual dress code
- Attractive benefits