- Receiving inbound customer Sales enquiries and providing quotations, product/service information, support and pricing details in response to inbound enquiries, i.e. relationship building.
- Processing enquires and assisting customers with product configurations and the use of ICT procure by providing support when required.
- Providing excellent customer service to Optus clients - understanding customer’s requirements and maintaining a high level of customer relationship.
- Maintaining and updating client files.
- Provide accurate quotes for customers through a compilation of information from vendors and distributors within agreed timeframes.
- Participation in following up quotes and liaising with salespeople to exchange information on account activities.
- Handover of accepted quotes to the Ordering team including all necessary handover documentation and validations
- Assisting in the coordination of the tender/proposal process as required, mainly by sourcing out the special pricing & Deal registration.
- Ownership of margins and pricing for all procurement orders and communication with the BDM’s in regards to this. Obtain low margin approvals before quoting, as required.
- Ensure margin approval process sfollowed
- Maximization of GP across clients where possible through vendor negotiation and sales work
- Organize Stock holds as required upon Quote acceptance from the customer
- Liaising with Internal & External Resources for Technical Advice to deliver the best solution.
- Liaising with vendors, distributors and third party suppliers to obtain information for clients. Attending industry events and product trainings provided by suppliers.
- Regularly keeping abreast of new products and pricing changes.
- Promote various promotions within the named clients where appropriate and also the features and benefits of Optus’ products/services.
- Timely and Accurate Renewal Quote preparation (Creation) for customers.
- Follow-up with clients, vendors and Account Managers on status of renewal quotations.
- Ensure quotes are generated and submitted to client as per SLA
- All Quotes are stored in AlphaShare.
- All Quotes conform to the Maintenance Sales and Quoting policy as published on LEAP.
- Validation of customer quotes acceptance documentation before handing over to Order Management team to process.
- Ensure all handovers to Order Management Team contain all agreed validated documentation along with any other details required.
Vendor/Client Quote Creation
- Liaising with vendors / clients to ensure correct contract details for: Coverage periods; Incremental purchases for alignment purpose; Location details; Quantities / User Counts; Serial Numbers / Model and device details; Prices (sell / buy / margin)
- Utilize the relevant systems for correct record management: RMS – for Contract Data; AlphaShare – for client quotes and related correspondence; Email of New Order Alert to Order Management team with necessary handover documentation and links; SharePoint – for National Spreadsheets for visibility to financial and internal asset spreadsheets
- Critical for maintenance to be captured to RMS for future renewal. Correct coding of new item code creation in SAP utilise the correct Material Master Distributions.
- Continuous self-development in usage of internal tools
- Use any new systems introduced to Optus and externally as requested by management
- Proactively review and suggest potential operational / strategy business improvements to the following: 1. Processes and procedures. 2. Business strategy improvement / opportunities. 3. Strategy / product development identification. 4. Any areas for process automation opportunities. 5. Champion and own individual suggestions by engagement with the wider team to engender feedback and collaboration on the suitability of improvement recommendation
- Assisting with documentation of sales procedures and systems when required.
- Conducting all work in accordance with the timeframes and attending all other aspects of the role as defined in Key role Responsibilities & Tasks.
- All processes relating to sales, procurement, credit and supporting functions adhered to
- Ensure compliance with Optus’ Quality Management System, Published Processes and other directives.
- Ensure compliance with Optus Policies and Procedures as published on LEAP
- 4 years experience in an administrative or service/sales position
- Work experience made up of a combination of Customers Service/Sales and Office Administration
- At least 2 years solid work experience in an administrative or office co-ordination role in a corporate environment.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a growing Sales focus
- Industry knowledge regarding IT vendors and distributors
- Ability to work collaboratively with Account Managers, suppliers and customers (both internal and external)
- High level of numerical accuracy and PC skills
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Sound product knowledge or a willingness to learn this aspect of the role
- At least Intermediate level proficiency in the use of commonly-used personal computer (PC) applications software such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Personal values align with Optus
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to work unsupervised and to meet deadlines
- Highly organized approach to work
Perks & Benefits
- Annual leave