1. Execute operational activities such as deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and incident management
2. Create, implement, maintain, and optimize infrastructure architecture based on architectural design in both cloud and on-premises
3. Create, implement, maintain, and optimize CI/CD pipelines (e.g. deploying from Jenkins to Kubernetes)
4. Setup, configure, and maintain our centralized API gateway (e.g. WSO2 API Manager which is open source).
5. Be the subject matter expert on the API gateway for the entire company, able to pick this up quickly based on available documentation and hands-on tinkering
6. Research and evaluation of alternative infrastructure solutions, able to summarize and recommend approaches to stakeholders
7. Support developers and vendors to remove infrastructure and deployment blockers to meet project timelines
8. Provide guidance to developers on best deployment and security practices
9. Work with network and IT team to ensure compliance in security and audit requirements
10. Support the debugging of application performance and application issues alongside developers, especially when it involves infrastructure concerns
11. Ensure SLAs are met by configuring architecture according to best availability practices (e.g. active-active, hot standby, etc.)
12. Ability to successfully debug infrastructure issues based on analytical skills, debugging skills, and inquisitive mindset
13. Familiar and able to recommend and implement security best practices, e.g. OAuth, SSO, Basic Auth, SSL, API Keys
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years experience in a DevOps role.
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience in CI/CD such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Ansible or Terraform or similar IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tools.
- Experience in developing cloud based solutions OR transforming on-premise solutions to cloud based solutions on AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Scripting knowledge such as bash or Python.
- Solid analytical, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written in English) skills.
- Oral and written communication skills are key, especially when dealing with our developers, partners, and team members.
- Bonus: Ability to code microservice APIs in Go.