Summary of roles and responsibilities :
The successful candidate shall manage the legal and compliance function of the Company on behalf of KIP Real Estate Investment Trust (KIP REIT). The role will be largely to assist on legal and other corporate matters, to ensure compliance to the relevant rules and regulations and to manage effectively manage stakeholder groups.
- Attending to all legal matters pertaining to the management of KIP REIT’s portfolio.
- Ensuring compliance and keeping abreast of changes to:
- Securities Commission’s Guidelines on Listed REITs, Licensing Handbook and all other relevant guidelines, directives, etc.;
- Bursa Malaysia’s Main Market Listing Requirements and all other relevant guidelines, etc.;
- Companies Act;
- CMSA; and
- MCCG code and other regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with external consultants and regulatory bodies to carry out duties and responsibilities pertaining to legal and compliance.
- Reporting to the Board on legal and compliance matters.
A candidate must:-
- Possess a law degree from a recognised university
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a legal firm or in-house legal experience in corporate and commercial matters, experience in Capital Markets is an added advantage
- Well-versed with Securities Commission and Bursa Malaysia’s requirements
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Ability to work under stress and comply with tight deadlines
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Central location
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities