Responsible for overseeing the information technology needs of the organization including technical support, network and systems troubleshooting, coordination with vendors, software implementation and upgrades, determining IT budget and equipment needs and ensuring systems security and integrity.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners. Must have expertise in latest Windows environment, TCP/IP networking and wifi networking. Coverage includes PCs used for PLC control of industrial machinery and security monitoring systems (e.g. NVRs/CCTV).
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks including ensuring their security and identifying potential cyber threats.
- Establishing internal IT security policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and activities. Educating end users on company procedures & security issues.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and technical support requests across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Setting up new machines and accounts for new users. Managing user requests for access to networks and specific restricted applications/websites.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Performing preventive maintenance, auditing and housekeeping of user machines. This includes checking and ensuring that all computers have antivirus running. To scan and clean-up virus infections and perform windows updates.
- Maintaining asset register of all IT equipment. Conducting warranty claims and coordinating vendor support for faulty equipment.
- Testing new technology and writing applications to help with automating tasks in the company using code or no-code platforms.
- Any other duties related to information technology.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Commission and bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Fitness membership