SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- Minimum of 5 years experience in forest related surveys with a proven track record that demonstrates a high work ethic and personal drive.
- Proficient in the use of survey devices such as GPS ( Magellan or Garmin model ), Compass and Clinometer
- Have advanced Computer literacy ( excel, word, outlook and power point ). Knowledge in Mapinfo program is an added advantage.
- Preferably with experience regarding reforestation, afforestation and large scale plantation.
- Knowledge in basic nursery management practices or operations to ensure proper seedling development.
- Proficient in written and oral communication and able to carry out report on survey and update in logging operation to the company management
SCOPE OF WORKS AND RESPONSIBILITILITIES :
- Over all management of survey works in the project area specifically on timber concession ; project year or coupe ; block or set up ; buffer zones demarcation and road line alignment based on the approved Five ( 5 ) Year Forest Working Plan and Annual Logging Plan ;
- Coordination with the camp management on timely set up applications and follow up of the same with the Project Supervisor of PNG Forest Authority in order to preclude disruption of timber harvesting schedules ;
- Over all supervision on nursery operation to cater on requirement of seedlings for tree plantation ; purposes and for purposes in the regeneration / enrichment program as required under the terms and conditions of the Project Agreement ;
- Assist the camp management in time of arbitration involving disputes of land ownership between contesting clans in the project area ;
- To supervise on other aspects of survey work in project area such as tree marking ; design of skid tracts ; undertaking tree sampling activities ; location survey for the establishment of main logging camp , log pond , processing plants such as sawmil, veneer and the like ;
- To coordinate with the camp management in the implementation of camp and community infrastructures so as to attain completion of the projects as scheduled ;
- Render reports on survey activities on bi - monthly basis for the information and guidance of the company management ;
- Implementation of all other activities relevant to the logging operation in the project area as and may be required by the company management.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities